“Challenging” and “rewarding” best describe the PADI Rescue Diver course. Building upon what you’ve already learned, this course expands on what you already know about how to prevent problems, and how to manage them if they occur.
The Fun Part
The fun part about this course is rising to challenges and mastering them. Most divers find this course both demanding and rewarding, and at the end, say it’s the best course they’ve ever taken.
Topics and Training:
- Self-rescue and recognizing diver stress
- Emergency management and equipment
- Panicked diver response
- In-water rescue breathing protocols
- Exits with conscious / unconscious divers
- Diving first aid
- Dive equipment problems
- Dive accident scenarios dealing with deal with distressed, tired, panicking, unconscious and missing divers.
General course information:
- Duration 3 1/2 days (or take the PADI eLearning option to save more of your vacation time for fun!)
- Includes PADI rescue diver manual and work slate
- Course price includes full scuba equipment rental
- Prerequisites: PADI Adventure or Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization), 15 years old, Current Primary and Secondary Care Certification, experience in Underwater Navigation.